Spaniards in the SCA

This is the companion website to the "Spaniards in the SCA" discussion list. The site promotes the development of a worldwide Spanish/Iberian/Andalusian persona community in the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. This is not an official site of the Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, NM, United States

I'm a (near) Native New Mexico with an ancestry that goes back to the earliest Spanish colonists and Native Americans from this area. I thoroughly enjoy history and genealogy, and I am a social studies teacher in Albuquerque!

31 March 2006

Cristóbal's name and device

Recently I was informed that my name and device were approved by the SCA College of Heralds.

My registered SCA name is Cristóbal Vázquez de Narriahondo.

The emblazon for my device is below:



The blazon for this device is "per pale azure and argent, a cross of Santiago counterchanged."

If you ever wondered about the process of approving a name and device, check out the Outlands College of Heralds July 2005 Letter of Intent and the SCA College of Heralds November 2005 Letter of Acceptances and Returns. These links show how my name and device were discussed and approved.

By the way I am a voice herald, not a submissions herald. I could never do the amount of paperwork that is required to be a submissions herald.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home